20110811

Supervision notes

_Skype! Need to fix problem. I re-tested it from my laptop to my parents PC and it worked so hopefully it will be fine for next session, but we could still do a test run.

_Make list more specific to me, could have a list/record of what I do daily. Keep a pencil & paper in the bathroom? Have a diary over a period of time (week, month etc) - will probably go for a month but start using the data immediately.
 - - - - could do a quick sketch/model of each day's bathroom?? What would today's bathroom require? Visual and literary diary.
Keep track of what happens in my bathroom everyday - bored of routine and deviate? The more I add the denser it will become i.e. "Contacts in before nasal spray".

_Could keep a film diary. Film myself in the bathroom everyday - not just showering or bathing, but the other routines that I do. Hair, moisturize, make-up.

_Be specific. When I say moisturize I need to specify how I moisturize, with what do I moisturize and where? How long does it take me, how much do I apply and make it personal to me. Otherwise it could be anyone, has to be specific!

_Gender wasn't obvious on the previous list until I mentioned make-up - imagine that more things I do will be gender-specific. Georges Perec - Species of Spaces - looking at home in terms of rituals of life. Request from Massey and Google. See if anything else by him catches my eye. Initimus - might be a useful taster.

_Copper - what can copper do? Material properties, how can it be used? Need to know how a material works if I'm going to pursue the qualities of a material.

_If entirely digital, will need ti address the qualities of the material through digital work. How do I do that?

_Google survey? What do I do in the bathroom? See what comes up - they may be things I haven't considered yet and I might need to do so.

_Think backwards. Think about the end result/final presentation/exhibition. What do I want to have? Then I know what I have to do.
Give myself short deadlines which I have to complete - stay creative.

_Crit 2. Crit is going to be over 2 days so we have the opportunity to think things through - where do we want to present, how do we want to present? Think about how things are going to be exhibited.
 - - - - - Soundscape. This could be from my diary. Filmic diary. Present sounds of the bathroom as an accompaniment to my presentation? How does this aid my work? How do I interpret in terms of design?

_Writing workshop. Find out when my flights are to Wellington and tell JP so I can attend.