20110811

My 'Bathroom'_03.08.11

Got my laptop back so now I can get back to what I was working on before it's meltdown.

03.08.11
Bathroom Revelations

At home in Chch: Cleaning/cleansing rituals have changed slightly - they are still rituals as they are specific action I perform when I  have a bath or a shower - but my body is now occupying a different space to the one it was occupying in Wellington. This, to me, reinforces the need to move around the space/vessel provided our bodies are provided with as opposed to our bodies being able to move in a free-flowing motion and avoid these existing walls etc.

Film studies_Part 2_Chch
Film myself showering/bathing/cleaning/cleansing in my new home. Compare these films to the existing films I have of myself in Wellington. Highlight the specific rituals for myself and reflect on findings.

_Investigations into my shower in Chch and how it compares to Wellington. Diagrammatic sketches.
Shower/bath, Wellington
Standard vessel with shower curtain around side and foot of bath, tiled wall on opposite side with small window at shoulder height and tiled wall with shower head on it.
1
Shower, Christchurch
Shape of shower (or area to shower in comparison to Wellington) is more fitting to the body as it would typically shower. Shaped for your arms/washing hair etc but only facing as you walk in, no room for rotation. Glass door and small side panels with splash-guard walls.
2
3
The shower is well designed in plan for facing the drain (image 2), but as you can see from image 3 of the shower, there isn't much room for rotation. 

___for bath as well - sketch