20110811

Lorna's Bathroom Diary

Objective: To monitor my bathroom usage, what I do in the bathroom and to clarify daily routines or deviations from routine for myself [in the bathroom]. To include other bathroom activities in my research project and design for them. 

Commencement: Friday 12th August 2011, at 3.00pm

Each day I will record what I do in the bathroom through notes, sentences, diagrams and film studies. At the end of each day I will sketch a quick drawing of what I imagine that day's bathroom to look like - using activities to generate form. This will be used alongside existing digital modelling already completed to create a unique daily 'bath-room'. 

Film studies will be conducted on a daily basis to record the sound of the bathroom throughout my duration within the space, and a visual recording will be conducted also (to be determined yet). 

Entering the bathroom, I will take note of date, time and reason for entering. As I am conducting my bathroom activities I will record what I am doing/have done. At the end of each day I will scan the diary onto this blog.

This analysis of my bathroom will be conducted over a month period starting from today.