20110818

Supervision notes

_Diagramming. Linear, time, movement diagramming.

_Analysis informing several design exercises. Thesis doc = "critical and reflective documentation of my practice."

_Seminars - reading that had analysis of movements/diary - look back on.

_Project needs to be sited now. Think about how is my project framed. Pragmatic // Poetic.
Re-design of the bathroom I'm using now. Restrictions of the site - bonus. Say "this is the site."

_Title. Theorize tailor-made. Could be tailor-made physically, or tailor-made through my experience? Personification?

_NZ housing. Lots to work with - inform my direction.
Communicate to audience what the house is. Describe house. "2009 NZ Stonewood house." Built by...designed by...

_Pragmatic - Pre-Chch design exercises. Height of faucet for me etc. Remember, things extend from the bathroom - hot water cylinder, pipes, laundry etc. Think beyond the surface - lining, glue, 'stuff'. Redesigning the current bathroom 'tailor-made' to personal body shape, size etc.

_Poetic - Post-Chch design exercises. Particularly film of feet through tiles - my relationship to my NZ home. Video, soundscape, sensual, provocative. Documenting the NZ bathroom actions, movements - relationship to body through film.

_Reflect upon what I have done so far. View it for all it's worth, in other ways and think about how it informs my project and my projects direction.

_Laura Ford's thesis. Look online. Few chapters I'd like on bathroom, surface, domestic house etc.

_Re-model my current bathroom - 2 iterations of the same design or different methods. 2 pragmatic // 1 pragmatic, 1 poetic // 2 poetic. Think about the 2 different directions my project could take.

_Next supervision at 9.30am on the 2nd Sept w/ Ant.

Anything else I have missed out/should consider?