20110815

Filming the Bathroom/Sound in the Bathroom

Filming the bathroom has proven more difficult than I thought! I keep bloomin' forgetting to take my camera with me so so-far I've only managed to film one whole shower and today's preparation for showering (because the battery died just as I climbed in the shower!). I've put it on charge now and I'm going to carry it around with me like it's an extra body part - same with my 'diary'.

Camera Angles_I've been playing around with camera angles in the bathroom. The bathroom, being a personal space, should remain so. I've been trying to film snippets of the bathing experience to keep the bathing/showering/brushing/cleaning (and so on) personal to me.

Sound_will become a valuable tool in the recording of my time in the bathroom. Using visuals will show the viewer my ritual, and so could sound. Sounds are correlative of a movement, action or ritual in the bathroom - this method of recording is quite ambiguous because each bathroom user has their own movements, actions and routines. I'm pretty sure that not many people who listen to my sound-scape will have eczema and this will impact my sound recording quite dramatically.

Video to follow once my camera is charged :)